Thursday, February 18, 2010

My favorite band


The Font:
According to What The Font, The font is closest to this one is Jean Splice Lorite.It's close in that it has a lot of the same letter shapes and strokes (as can be seen in the V) but it's not the same.  I find myself wondering if it were somehow specially designed for the band.

About the usage:
It's a fancy display type used for the band and album name.  Given that Evanescence is a sort of Goth Metal-ish band it is an appropriate type.  I think it's pretty, but it's not good for a lot of text.  From the album art that I have, it's been used on pretty much all of their studio albums.

Where I saw it:
I own 3 of their studio albums, (Fallen, Anywhere But Home (the one pictured) and The Open Door.) I was running out of ideas and cleaning up the office when I decided to go with this.  Maybe I'll do more musical artist typeface research, it's something that seems interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment